Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Twilight in Arizona


So I must say there are benefits to living in Arizona, you know 70 degrees in February, plentiful supply of cacti, over 300 days of sunshine. But there are a few downsides, 115 degree days and what always seems to be a too short summer beer season. Honestly folks, even though it is mid-September it is still 100+ degrees here. So you can imagine my delight at trying Deschutes Twilight Ale and finding it to be a truly awesome brew! Then to figure out it is a summer brew and will require a search party to find left over stock in the stores - quite sad.

Ok, about the beer. It was balanced, refreshing, amazing, well hopped and I wanted more. It had a sweet malty flavor that lulled you into your comfort zone before an explosion of floral hops. This might be the perfect summer beer. I know, my enthusiasm is a tad over the top I was just in a moment of beer bliss with this session brew. So, run, don't walk to your store to see if you can pick up Twilight in it's twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment