Sunday, November 22, 2009

Warming up to Ebenezer

May the seasonal beer tasting continue with Bridgeport's Ebenezer Ale! I found this beer to be aptly named, with it having much in common with Dicken's famous character Ebenezer Scrooge. At first sip, I was taken aback - offended almost by strong malty flavor that was a tad harsh. But just like the story's Scrooge I warmed up to it as time passed.

This is a very malty beer with a distinct caramel flavor and just enough hops to keep it from getting too sweet. I tried it for the first time in a pint glass, but would recommend a goblet or something similar that is easy to hold on to and warm up the beer. It will stand up to most traditional holiday family meals which gets a thumbs up from me. While not my favorite, not a bad beer either and if available, is definitely drinkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment